We are looking for a senior level UNIX Systems Administrator.
- Installs, configures, and maintains UNIX operating systems.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Detects, diagnoses, and reports UNIX related problems on servers.
- Provides daily support for management of all AIX and Linux systems including operating system upgrades, storage and volume management, and hardware maintenance.
- Manages operating system installation and administration of all AIX environments.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
The successful candidate will display skill levels in some or all of the following areas:
- Operating Systems – AIX 6 and 7
- Hardware – IBM P6 to P8
- Network – TCP/IP a plus
- Languages – ksh a plus
- Other – Power VM a plus
- Software – IBM DB2 9.X, 10.X a plus
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with clients and coworkers.
- Knowledge of the healthcare and insurance industries are pluses.
- This position provides a full benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience.
- To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this position:
- Send resume as “Word” document and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@ramtechinc.com
- Confirm “UNIX Sys Admin” is in the subject line of email
EEO / AA Employer